MoveOn.org

even though the website is actually asking for donations ..the information here is still shocking! I don't understand what registered Republicans find so appealing about this administration. There is just more and more coming out about thier underhanded tactics. Where is the emphasis on being 'For the People'? Is that not meant to be ALL the people?


In 48 hours last week, Congress gave massive tax breaks to Exxon, the most profitable company in history (in the energy bill). It passed a measure that will outsource American jobs and cut wages (the "CAFTA" free trade bill), and increased spending by more than $370 billion (both of those plus the highway bill). Even for this Congress it was jaw-dropping. But, if we only work on stopping bills like these, we're no better off than the little Dutch boy, frantically sticking his fingers in the dike as it springs more holes. That's why, starting now, we're going to be a lot more focused on getting rid of the radical Republicans in the 2006 elections.

Comments

Anne said…
i just keep wondering who the hell we can put up there to run against the crazy-ass republican candidate. i hear that the repubs are thinking or bill frist, or even worse-cheney. spooky. so who do we have, that can WIN? hilary would be destroyed by that right-wing machine, don't you think? as much as i like her, i worry about that prospect.
Rue said…
Yes poor Hillary would be eaten alive. I think she is up to the challenge but I would hate to have her put through that. You know they will drag up the "She couldn't even stop her husband from cheating on her" "Didn't seem to manange her own household how can she run a country?" CRAP! As to who else? I haven't seen who is on the line up yet. Probably won't in for a while. I really thought John Kerry had a good chance there. I was thoroughly shocked when he didn't win. I just couldn't believe it.
MilesDavis said…
I dunno. I've been a loyal Democrat for the past 30 years and I can finally say that I no longer consider myself one. Democrats are more interested in "electability" than with finding a coherent ideology that makes sense.(Could anyone please explain the difference between Kerry's stance on this BS war and Bushie's?)I was a Howard Dean supporter...Why? He was against this damn war! But he was rejected by my fellow dems. Why? Because he seemed too exuberant at a campaign rally. Give me a break!!!! We here in the U.S. are in deep doodoo!!!
Rue said…
I still like Howard Dean .He's an intellegent man deserving of more respect than he has received.It wasn't the Dem's criticism that lost him votes although that did happen. It was the Repub's making sure it was played over and over again in the media. Everytime you saw it felt like the first time and it made it seem more and more unacceptable.

Popular Posts