Ahmadinejad is a crackpot...

"...certainly. But it is not enough to dismiss him with an insulting label and move on. We must be willing to listen to the accusations of our enemies in order to properly defend the actions we take in the world in which we live. And I am proud to be part of a university and country that is strong enough to allow such discourse.'

~Jon Host, Huffington Post
huffinton blogger article

Agreed. I understand the anger behind allowing him to speak. It is similar to allowing neo Nazi's to march down the street etc..I get it. I do. It does seem like the university legitimized his position. I understand how many would find that than insulting. Although I must say I feel as though he made a fool of himself and proved himself to be a "crackpot". I also feel that it was all posturing for his people. His "See. I am not afraid of America" macho crap dance.
There is an other way to look at it for Americans as well. You all proved you aren't afraid of him either. You do have a free country. A much more liberating lifestyle than his own country where to speak freely could get you killed. I think Yesterday was a good day in America. You should be proud of yourselves for the event if not for the manner in which the questions were asked. It would have been worse had you not allowed him in the country.

Comments

United We Lay said…
No world leader should ever be dismissed outright. They are running a country for a reason, whether they took it over or were elected by their people, and they should all be taken seriously. Even those with whom we are diamentrically opposed have something to say worth listening to.
Anonymous said…
I whole heartedly agree too. I could take it a step further...bon't won't. Love ya Rue!
ta!

Popular Posts