Am I the only one who is literally holding her breath until the election is over..??
I found this picture quite poignant even though it's the vietnam memorial. It could just as easily be the Iraqii invasion or the Afghanistan War memorial. Accept They didn't die for oil. I wonder how the surviving comrades will feel? What is Bush going to say to them to comfort them? Nothing is going to make them feel better about that. We have to. We have to say that even though we hated the war that stood for nothing but manufactured excuses in congress We believed in them and still do. We know they fought and died valiantly for something they had to believe in. Lets remember not to repeat the evilness that plagued the soldiers at the end of Vietnam. The soldiers are NOT the war and they do NOT represent the men who sent them there. They represent the best and the bravest of us.
This picture makes me cry.


Comments

Dr. Deb said…
Wow. I am speechless.
libhom said…
Whenever I read about veterans, I can't help think about how the right cuts veterans' benefits and then says "support the troups."

Popular Posts