*sigh*


I have been following the long, drawn out debate on the blessings of same sex marriages within the Anglican church with great interest. Since it is MY faith that is at war over it. Churches and even families are breaking up over the issue. It's a disgusting display of anti-christian behavior to me. Think about it...would Jesus turn a leper away because he was gay? What right do we as his followers to turn ANYONE... ANYONE away from our faith in any capacity simply because they are different from us. This is decidedly NOT the faith I signed up for. One of the first things I learned even in Sunday school as a child is TOLERANCE.
I do not know how on earth my church has come to this. It is sad and frustrating

I could speak for hours and pages about this. However, My wonderful Anglican priest forwarded two articles from the Toronto Star that express precisely what I feel on the topic.

At core of Anglican conflict, a 1,900-year-old tradition

Anglicans padlock rebel church (here here!)

Comments

Dr. Deb said…
JEsus would love all. Embrace all. At least, that's how I'd like to see it.
Muser said…
I haven't read your links. But I have to say: in a world where children are struggling with illiteracy, poverty, abuse, and death; where a person's gender signs their death warrant; where elders are shunted off and abandoned when they outlive their usefullness; where people fight the obstacles set by racists and sexists; where people die senseless deaths from illness, accidents, or murder, rather than naturally by old age; where there are parents forced to choose between rent and food; where our world itself is dying slowly in observable steps... in such a world, it's truly comforting to see people spending such time and effort discussing the truly vital issues: the intimate practices of consenting adults.
Rue said…
Here Here!

Popular Posts