So I am going local with this post. I live in an area which started out 20 years ago as a nice neighborhood where working class families lived. We aren't wealthy at all but we work for a living and own our homes. Since the economy in my town dumped due to two GM plants moving to Mexico. Lets face it, that's what happened. Criminal behavior has jumped the scales. That's what happens when people are poor. Drug dealers and pimps prey on people who are depressed both financially and socially. The result is I have crackwhores and drug deals right outside my door. The trouble is if you don't raise a fuss about it publicly the Police ignore the issue. So I raised a fuss. I got one answer. There was a sweep. They caught 15 people. Most were released the same day pending their court cases. You can bet they were out peddling the same day but that is the beside the point. 15 people? I have seen that many johns in the area in 15 minutes! It's nothing. They post an announcement to prove they have done something but it is as though the job is finished now. What we need is a constant police presence in the area. To make it less desirable to criminals! It's completely unfair that hard working citizens feel unsafe in their own homes.

Comments

Popular Posts