There was a small protest in Toronto and Ottawa over the celebration of Queen Victoria's birthday which gives us this long weekend every year. Anti Monarchists love to use this holiday to emphasize their point of view. They feel that the monarchy is antiquated system and not needed in our soveriegn nation. They forget that this holiday is more about our history. Our history is fact and can't be denied. I will be honest, most of my ancestors were United Empire Loyalists. The ones that fought the Americans to remain under British rule? Yeah, them. All that aside I feel that those who don't want to be a member of the common wealth should move.The rest of us are who we are and we're proud of it!





God Save The Queen!

Comments

me said…
Happy common wealth Rue!

:)
Rue said…
Thanks Pank! Finally able to add the pic I made. I like it!


cuzuy:

Canadian Us Zany Us Ya so?
me said…
Wow! Love the pic!
Dr. Deb said…
I like your spirit!

Popular Posts