Leave Ro alone!



I never wanted to make this blog about the entertainment industry but sometimes you have just had enough.
I am not an American Idol fan...frankly I don't like reality TV. I find actual reality frightening enough. I especially don't like American Idol. Why? I believe it was because I was bullied all through school and I remember the "mean girls" looking me up and down and picking on my appearance. My clothes, my hair...the way I walked. Everything. That's what American Idol is like. I don't doubt that alot of those bad singers need to be told that singing isn't their future. Maybe then they can become what God ( as they know him) truly has planned for them. They absolutely DO NOT need to be told that they look like animals from the jungle. Or that they are fat. Or that their singing gives Simon a headache it is so terrible. He claims that music executives out there are like this. He claims he is just doing what others would do. That doesn't make it okay. It doesn't justify that behavior. It's not okay to ridicule someone. EVER! It simply isn't. His continuing attitude gives credence to the negative condescending behavior of others. He MAKES it okay!
I don't believe Rosie was right about Paula Abdul's drinking. I think she is odd..but odd is okay. I do think I read somewhere that she does take alot of pain meds for her back problems but..meh..I don't think she is drunk, just quirky. I do think the Ro went overboard with that comment. Who knows, maybe she has some inside information about Miss Abdule that we don't. Still and all. It was bad form to say She was drunk on the air.
I think she is right about AI though. It's gone beyond 'judging' to warped,self satisfying entertainment for the judges.That is NEVER okay

Comments

Dr. Deb said…
I think Paula Abdul has a neurological disorder. May be similar to the one Dudley Moore had. People often used to think Moore was drunk all the time,

Check it out:
http://www.pspeur.org/help-awareness.asp
me said…
All agreed! You wrote, (Rue) what I felt...exactally.

Strange how that works.
I do think it was pretty bad though how Paula laughed with Simon. Nobody likes a two-face. Or a phony.

I think Rosie felt the need to say these things about Paula to show her that others aren't afraid to hurt her or make an unfavorable opinion of her too. imo

also, acting under the influence doesn't give a license to be cruel.

Simon is the worst though. Sad how he profits from it.

What did ya think of Lou Doubs? sp?

He said convincingly how the administration is controlled by big corp's etc. So to go the one step ahead as in admitting the obvious impeachment result...could hurt some of his future aspirations, etc.

I give him big kudos for the book and his unspoken opinions. And I can understand why he didn't want to go all the way. Not everyone wants to take risks with thier own careers. It's a level of cowardness but forgiving in my book. Expectations of people are hard, especially when they on't come through. History will include the people's wishes in my hope. But if impeachment was to happen, it would have been long ago. Scary how his power continues isnt it?

More scary is the thought of so many who are protecting it.
me said…
Meant to say Lou's, "out spoken opinions" not unspoken.

One more thing on Mrs. O, Was she flirtin with the cake man or what? Geez!

Musta been that non-gluten beverage!

Must get me some!

lol
Rue said…
Totally flirting, kinda cute when she said she would be okay with it as long as he brings the cakes! LOL!

"He said convincingly how the administration is controlled by big corp's etc"

In total agreement with him. I have often found this with the Republicans at the federal level. It has never been this obvious before though...sad...and scarey that not more people have seen this before now! How helpless I have felt as a Canadian.

Popular Posts