Sylvia Brown

I like this woman. I do. I admire anyone who can scare the bejeepers out of me and even make me think differently in this age of cynicism. However, (you knew that was coming, right?) recently she said something on the Montel Williams Show that I think I disgree with. She suggested that She felt the end of the world was nearing because "There is so much more evil in the world today". I don't know about that. what about WW1? WW2? I wonder if it's just that, with information so readily available to us we are just more aware of the evil? Or maybe it seems like more because it is so wide spread. We knew who the enemy was in both world wars. We knew where he was and what he looked like. During those wars, for instance they actually wore different uniforms than our troops did. In the Iraqii and Afghani wars (make know mistake they are seperate wars with seperate purposes!) they don't even wear a uniform. Our focus has to be more wide spread because we are aware of every smaller evil (smaller?) on this side of the Atlantic as well. There were evil doers in North America during both WW's I am sure. It's just that we didn't have the kind of wide spread media back then.
Maybe I am wrong.

Comments

me said…
I wish I would have seen this show. I to like Sylvia Browne. I do not agree with a lot of what she has to say, but I do like her take on death, (some of it... not all). I don't believe/agree that the end is near...let's pray it isn't. Evil has been around since the creator gave us the ability to make choices. Perhaps, I don't want to believe it is near. Bush and the Korean leader scare the beejebers out of me more then SB. I can almost see them playing a battle of wits and dare in pushing red buttons.

ahhh, maybe you shouldn't post this comment

;)

wth...do what you want.

Popular Posts