DaVinci Code.

So...this movie is based on a book ("The DaVinci Code") which is based on a book ("Holy Blood Holy Grail")that carries the theory that Jesus was married...or at least had children and the Holy Grail (Graile)actually refers to his descendants (blood line).
Uh huh...
I say...
yeah?
...so?
I think, if Our Lord had children maybe that would make him easier to relate to for some people. Just like the story of him getting angry and turning over the money lenders' tables in the Temple made him seem more human. More like Our Brother. Maybe that's a good thing maybe not. Still and all...does it really matter? I don't feel any different about Him either way.
All my life I have felt like there was always too much emphasis on the miracles He performed, the origin of His birth and the method of his death. We’ve spent far too much time and effort analyzing these things about Him. So much so that somehow His message is lost. We have given Him so many titles. Saviour, King of Kings, King of Jews, God’s Only Son. We’ve forgotten his greatest gift and most precious title. Teacher.

Comments

me said…
And that message would be?

Beautiful pic Rue!
Dr. Deb said…
I wonder why it would be such a need have a cover up if this were true. I agree it would make the god connection SO much more meaningful.

Happy weekend to you,
Deb
Rue said…
Well Pink, They just don't allow enough space of blogger to explain that. so you might want to try this website:
The Holy Bible
Paying special attention to the New Testiment. ;)
me said…
Oh Rue, I no longer read the bible hon, I am just fascinated by religion and I am always looking to hear what God does for each individual. I see your meaning would be a long one. God makes me happy too. Maybe someday I'll pick up that new testament but many years ago, I got too caught up with religions and now I just look for the simple meanings. I think it's wonderful that you are learning and I am happy that the book gives you comfort....as it does for so many people.
: )

Popular Posts