June Callwood, Someone who tried.



"Friends of June Callwood, a talented journalist and passionate social activist who died Saturday May 14th, recalled a person who did more than talk the talk about injustice."
"Some of the issues she cared about included women's' rights, gay rights, AIDS suffers and the under-privileged, especially children living in poverty."



I am sorry that I didn't pay as much attention to this remarkable and adorable Canadian as I should have.In true Canadian fashion she overachieved and was undersung in the world. She said in a recent interview that she wanted to be remembered as someone who tried.


Please read more about her

Comments

Anonymous said…
My kinda woman!

Thanks for the article Rue
RIP June Callwood.

pnk
United We Lay said…
Tha's all we can really ask - to be remembered as someone who tried. That's all I want.

Popular Posts